1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank disk after successful burn?

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by heathern, Jan 20, 2005.

1. heathern

heathern Guest

I'm new with copying DVDs and to the forums, so if there's a thread about this already could someone please point me to it? If there isn't any help would be appreciated.

I have the most recent versions of DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, a copy of Nero 6 and I have a Toshiba SD-R6012 DVD burner that came with my two year old laptop. I usually have no problem burning DVDs, but there are some cases in which I can go through the whole burn process and Shrink will spit my DVD-R out letting me know that the burn process was completed successfully. The problem is, is when I pop it back into my computer it recognizes it as a blank disk and when I put it in the DVD player it just makes a bunch of noise.

Has anybody heard of this? Are there any solutions? Thanks for any comments :)

Heather

2. garethe

garethe Guest

Heather:

I have a similar problem. Normally, DVD shrink and Nero burn works fine, but sometimes (20%?), after notification of a successful burn, the DVD-R will not play when i reinsert into the PC DVD drive; it doesn't recognize the disk, and, even when sometimes it does, it thinks it is blank; if i try to record over it, however, i am told the disk is full. The most curious thing is that my standalone DVD player recognizes the disk and plays the movie.

Sony DRU 710a, most recent DVDShrink and Nero

best, garethe

3. vesaire

vesaire Member

Hi,

I have the exact same problem. And after discussing it here, the conclusion was that the laser on my dvd burner is going bad. (right now, I can burn cd's, burn data dvd upto 2GB, view dvd's etc, but no full dvd burn.)I'm told that once the laser is dirty and old it cannot be cleaned. the solution is to get a new one, which i'm looking into right now.