1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank HD-DVD-R media?

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by Rozilla, May 7, 2006.

1. Rozilla

Rozilla Member

now since hd dvd hit stores, when will we see blank hd-dvd-r media in retail stores? will this also support backups for the xbox360?

2. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

HD-dvd media will soon be released, but first they've got to release the burners. And i dont think they wont to be doing that really soon, as within pobably a month all thier work trying to add copy protection will have been for nothing and cracked. As for your second Q do you mean will xbox360 play burnt hd-dvd-r? theres no reason it shouldnt, when they release the hd-dvd addon that xbox 360 users will have to go out and buy. And xbox360 games will not be made on hd-dvd discs the addon is only for movies.

3. gamename

gamename Regular member

i talked to the manager at office max about hd dvd blank media last weekend. she said it would be comming out soon and it would be about $8 a piece. i thought the price sounded a little low myself. i remember when DL blank media came out it was $12 a piece.

4. brandonb

brandonb Regular member

well i have a question if the games for xbox 360 aren't made in hd then will i not see a difference when i hook it up thru the hd connections? that is confusing to me. is it just upconversion then? i'm dying to know because i'm about to spend 1700 bucks on a new hd tv.

5. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

X-box games will be in HD there just limited to the 9gb DL DVD's so by the time its hardware is fully utilised they will need to make 2-3 disc games which, will be one of the key problems with the 360.

6. plutonash

plutonash Regular member

actually a 360 game right now averages about 2-3.5 gigs got a couple of isos on my computer right now. The only reason there on DL disc right is because the security sectors are after the layersbreak but the technology is already broken and Im playing back-ups as we speak!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006