1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank recorded area spots

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by drewy88, Jul 10, 2011.

1. drewy88

drewy88 Member

Hi.

I am hoping someone can help please.
    On Wednesday we had our 3rd and last child. For each baby we have filmed from once they are out, them getting cleaned up etc, to being weighed first bath etc, to give it to them with other stuff when they are older.
    Anyway We did the same for our newest addition and today i went to play the video back and it plays for a little while then skips, then stops and then eventually says disc error. It seems we have lost everything. I have been beside myself crying all day - as you can imagine, this is something i hold extremely precious and not something you can ever recapture again.
    Upon examining the disc in the 'recorded' area, it looks like there is blank dots and in some cause blank lines, like it stopped writting the vidio during the recording process or something like that.
    Does anyone know if there is a way this can be fixed/recovered and we can get the video to work? Is there anywhere we can send/take the disc for it to be fixed.
    I am finding i cant think of anything else but this disc and so guilty our last daughter wont have these precious memories of herself. If anyone has any advice/help it would be much appreciated...
    Thank you in advance

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try the free part of IsoBuster.
    Put the disk in the burner and start IsoBuster.
    If it sees anything, right click on the file(s) and save it.
    might take a long time.
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/ISOBuster

There is another program called CD Roller - which might also help, but I have never used it.