1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blank Screen on start up!! HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Jerren, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Ok first off I have a HP Pavilion 761n. Ok, now for the problem, which I hope you guys can help me you guys never fail. When I turn on the computer with everything connected properly, I think. The screen goes black, not even a loadup screen. Nothing. I have tried many different things. I have tried switching the video card, ram, hard drives, and monitor. what ever I switch it still wont work. I took my hard drive, ram, monitor, video card out of my brand new DELL, which is the best computer I have ever used. I just wanna get this computer fixed! So please [boldHELP ME!!![/bold]

2. Jerren

Jerren Guest

ok i miss wrote that one, i took all those things out of my dell and put them into the hp and it still wont work. thats what i meant to say. [bold]HELP[/bold]

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Any kind of indicator light on the monitor? Usually there is a green light for on that changes to orange or amber when in standby mode. Can you feel any static on the screen front? Static on the screen indicates HI VOLTAGE is present and power is at least on. I've seen some monitors stick in standby mode (usually a bad relay) so indicator light stays amber and never goes to green. Sometimes pushing power on/off several times fast will get it to work, but this doesn't fix the problem.

Jerry

4. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you unplug everything it should at least give you some beeps letting you know something isn't plugged in.. unplug the keyboard,mouse, and the monitor to see if it gives you some beeps.. Just to see if it's trying to do anything

Matt

Last edited: Apr 29, 2004
  5. Jerren

Jerren Guest

When you turn it on the screen light is orange, which is on stadby mode. so i will try unplugging the keyboard and stuff. ill let you know what happenes

6. Jerren

Jerren Guest

Ok I tried what you said. There were no beeps at all. Its just like its dead. I dont wanna waste the money to pay someone to fix it, when i can do it for free. Well the case is, I have everything plugged in. I have the hard drive, ram, video card, sound card, ethernet, phone, fans, motherboard, dvd-rom, cd-writer, they are all plugged in. I have tried swaping wvwry single one of them except the motherboard of coarse. Still wont work. There is a orange light on the screen, not one flicker for green. Its like there is no monitor plugged in but there is. Please reply.

7. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Is the PC even powering up? power supply and fans turning? Try one more thing.. pull the memory and power it on.. If it doesn't beep or something then it sounds like the motherboard is dead.. Have you changed or unplugged it?

Matt

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If the monitor is standby,(orange light) its either not getting the startup signal from the PC or the monitor is stuck in standby like I stated before. Can you borrow a monitor to try? I seen many stick that way, but it still may be the PC itself.

Jerry