1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blanking with Vobblanker & Clone2DVD (small problem)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by klemperal, Apr 6, 2007.

1. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

I blank using both programs depending on the DVD to get rid of things I don't want. My problem is that, especially when the beginning of a DVD is flooded with FBI warning and previews, there leaves a sometimes very long blank screen in the wake of their removal--regardless if I remove/blank the selected area with VOB or clone. These long blank screens are an eye soar and I'm wondering if there is a way for me blank out the crap I don't want without having to stare at a black screen while waiting for the main menu to pop up. Let me know if you can help me out with this or if you know of another program that will remedy the situation.

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

3. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Thanks Mike. I must ask though, do you have any experience with this program--if so are you happy with it? The demo will only give me 15 seconds of exported DVD and thats not really enough time for me see if its something worth buying. By the way, anyone else who has some insight into this, by all means feel free to let me in on it.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

klemperal,
    I have never used the program. The problem w/ removing the material you want to remove is that you would then need to re-write the ifo's to take into consideration that you have taken out that part of the DVD and that is what DVDReMake hopefully would do. What you want to do is possible but it will not be easy. You might want to look at IfoEdit ( free) and see if it will re-write the parts you need for a program to do to make the DVD Compliant. Then you need to find a program that will remove the parts you do not want for IfoEdit to make the proper .iof's. Maybe someone else will have a better suggestion. Good Luck

5. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

Does IFOedit mess with XP that bad? I could understand Vista since everything seems to be problematic with it this early, but XP?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  6. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

What is IfoEdit doing?

7. klemperal

klemperal Regular member

It says on the download software page here on afterdawn it isn't recommended for XP users. It's not really clear as to why from the brief description though. Are you or anyone using the program with XP without any problem?

8. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

I have used Ifoedit sparingly in the past w/ no problem. The home page for IfoEdit is here:

http://www.ifoedit.com/

I think the version I used was .95 but .96 is the last stable version