1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blindwrite ???

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jackthe, Jan 10, 2005.

1. jackthe

jackthe Member

I just installed the Version: 5.2.9 of blindwrite. I have never used it before. Is this program all automatic? What I mean is, there are no settings that I can find that you can set to bypass copyright protcected software such as safedisc.... (Alcohol has a drop down menu to choose what copyright needs to be busted)?
    thx, I am curious if this program will copy all software or none at all?

2. jackthe

jackthe Member

Also, where can I find a manual for this program. VSO home page dosent have one that I could find. Also, is the latest version the best or should I download an older version?

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The latest version of BW is tops for SecuROM and BW 4.57 is a definite SafeDisc killer.

The stock BW5 interface is mostly automatic and leaves little to change. I'd recommend downloading BW5 Tweaker which allows full control over many settings. Here's the link:

http://nephilim.ccsau.info/BW5Tweaker.exe

For starters use these settings under the General Settings tab and don't change anything under the Topology or Advanced tabs:

[​IMG]

4. jackthe

jackthe Member

Wow, thanks!

5. jackthe

jackthe Member

having problems finding BW 4.57. Anyone post a link that I can download it. Or is the new version better?

6. Nephilim

The newest version is outstanding for SecuROM protected games and SafeDisc up to version 3.20. For SafeDisc 3.20.022 BlindWrite 4.57 is a most excellent choice :)

Try this link for BW 4.57 - it'll be listed under BlindWrite:

http://www.vso-software.fr/download.htm#

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005
  7. jackthe

jackthe Member

again thanks!

8. jackthe

jackthe Member

One last ?. What does the BWABuilder that you can download from the VSO web site do. Is it the same as the BW5Tweaker?

9. Nephilim

It's quite different than Tweaker. The BWA builder is a small utility that is used when backing up SecuROM protections. For an accurate copy of SecuROM the software needs to do a topology extraction that's used later during the write process. For most folks, doing the topo manually is a waste because there are sites that have very accurate premade BWA files available for download. These files are mostly used for BW 4.57 because BW5 extracts topo automatically.