1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Block phone numbers

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by rdrdude, Apr 20, 2005.

1. rdrdude

rdrdude Member

Hi, I checked the manual and searched threads and was wondering if there is a way to block phone numbers on the v551? My son has been getting unwanted calls (apparently his number got out).

any ideas?, Matto

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i dont think u can do that!!!!

3. KChase

KChase Member

The Caller ID Manager: http://www.privacycorps.com/products/?id=20 blocks all unwanted calls using Caller ID, at the times you choose, and is fully compatible with both regular analog or VOIP services.

You can block up to 175 numbers, or, using the 'Wildcard' feature, any area code or prefix, including local, long distance, international or cell phone calls.

For those who wish to do so, an 'Invited Only' list can be created, and only those on the list can ring your phone(s). The database will hold up to 175 entries and can be developed as calls are received using the call history, or numbers can be pre-entered using the keypad on your touch-tone telephone.

Any incoming number can be set to ring the phone(s), go directly to the answering device without ringing the phone, or go completely ignored without ringing or answering the phone. You choose whether to accept anonymous or unknown number with a push of a button.

Based on the Caller ID information, calls can even be routed directly to extensions throughout the premises using the optional Caller ID Manager Remotes: http://www.privacycorps.com/products/?id=22 without ringing other phones. This option is great for homes with kids, inlaws, roomates or fax devices.

The Caller ID Manager also includes a 'Do Not Disturb' feature that automatically prevents the phone from ringing, at the times one chooses, on a one time or daily basis. A special code is provided for emergencies.

Now you can eliminate all unwanted calls including those who are exempt from the 'Do Not Call' list, misdialed numbers, false faxes, stalking exes, prank and harassment calls.

For further information, please call our customer service department 9AM-5PM PST, M-F.

4. cgram7

cgram7 Member

rdrdude, What I did in a similar situation (with Motorola V300) was just assign the number of a certain person who was callin and harrasing me a special ring tone... a silent one.

5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

is that depends on what operator service do u use?? coz here we dont have that.... i mean in Ireland....

6. cgram7

cgram7 Member

I'm not sure if your question is directed at me or KChase but as far as using a special ring to identify callers I belive it is dependent on the type of phone you are using not the carrier. By the way your guide is awesome thanks alot mossyy!

7. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

ohhh rite,,, i know what u mean now, i thought its something about the carrier,,, no in this case it depends on the phone, well thnx anyway.... PEACE!!

8. DarkZ28

DarkZ28 Member

When you block someones number and they call you, what message do they get? Not accepting calls? or the number is out of service?

9. KChase

KChase Member

With the Caller ID Manager: http://www.privacycorps.com/products/?id=20 you can either ignore the call without ringing your phone, or use a stand-alone answering device to deliver a unique outgoing message to unwelcome callers, with or without taking a message. Be sure to choose an answering device with an 'OGM Only' (outgoing message only) option if you choose not to take messages from unwelcome callers. Either choice is possible without ringing your phone.

For further information, please feel free to contact our customer service department 9AM-5PM PST, M-F 888 633 5777 Local time lookup: http://www.time-zone-lookup.info/index.php?search=Novato, CA

You can also visit our website: http://www.privacycorps.com/products/