1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster Movie Pass in Store Forum

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nohelpme, Mar 23, 2005.

1. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Hello. I want to put a different twist on the blockbuster issue. I would like to talk about the blockbuster in store movie pass. Has anyone had any bad expierences with it? Do they put any limits on it? Any good expierences with it? How would you rate it against mail order services like blockbuster.com or netflix.com? Thanks again guys!

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Well, I don't use Blockbuster anymore, but I figured I would talk about it. :)

Nope...and because of this, I think that I won't have any bad experiences with it. No offense to those who do use it.

Same as above. :)

AAAHHHH! Now you are just opening a can of worms. LOL! j/k.

Ok, well in response to this let me say...in another thread it was highly debated about BB versus Netflix and the whole late fee things.

My opinion...and will stand by this forever. The only reason why I think Blockbuster is even considering the whole 2 instore rentals a month is because they lost ALOT of ground in at home movie rentals. This is when Netflix stepped in. Blockbuster, lost many of customers due to the late fees and such. Now I am trying to even go there with the whole "late fee" debate, cause this is just my opinion.

The thing is is that BB was once a great place to get a movie, but now, with the ease of mail in movie rentals you have more of a convinence. Customers want variety. And when a customer comes into a store and that movie isn't there, he/she will get irate. That is where Netflix stepped in, well that coupled with the fact that people were tired of late fees.

Netflix is easy to use, now there are alot of debates about movies being stolen in the mail and customer service, missing movies, and shady practices, but that is with both companies.

In short, even if BB decided to give away 5 movies per month for free. I still would choose Netflix over BB, just for the simple fact of variety, convinence, and don't really have to deal with anything. But that is just my opinion and my experience. I know of many users here who have problems with both Netflix and BB.

This is actually a pretty good question.

3. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I do the movie pass in the store at blockbuster. They are locally owned where I live so it feels good to give money to a local guy. They treat me good. I get about 2 movies a day. I had to turn away from netflix. My local post office was real bad. I had someone who would watch the movies on me and I would never get them. Someday I would get them in 24-48 hours, and other times it was a week. I traced it back to the local post office or my actual delivery man. Not sure So i don't want to go and blaime anyone. It got so bad that I did not even get movies, just empty mailers with my name on it.

4. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

I feel bad for your experience. It sucks that the people you trust could just do something like that. Makes you wonder.

But that is cool that it works for you. I just know that I wasn't to fond of BB near the end, well that and I was too lazy to get the movies back on time...LOL! Yeah I will admit that. But another thing is that I didn't see a point when I would go to BB and try to get a movie and it wasn't there. Seemed like whenever a new movie went out, even after a week later of it being released, everyone and there momma was there trying to get the same one and arguing about who got to it first, and even in one case people fought over it.

So, I guess it all boils down to what experiences that you have gone through in regards to BB and Netflix...and Walmart...please, they could care less about being in this business.

BTW, did you happen to see BB's new ad for $14.99, no less than a couple of months from when they launched?

Price war a cometh again!

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  5. jpp2109

jpp2109 Member

I've used netflex, BB online and BB instore. I think if you have a BB near you that's the way to go. You can take out allot more movies for your money and make sure their not scratched before you take it home. I ran into allot of problems with the DVD's rented online being damaged.

6. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

The big questions is can you take out more then 2 per day? Say go back like 3 times in one day? Is there any policies against this?

7. jpp2109

jpp2109 Member

No limit, I asked before joining and was told the limit is one at a time. I try to take out 2 a day and 3 on the weekends, time permitting. I think my inlaws upgraded to the $24 a month program to have out 3 at a time. One at a time is $14.99, $9.99 first month. Also this applies to Movies or Games. Even if it was 2 a day you could watch far more movies a month than online.

8. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I pay 24.99 and i get 2 at a time. I think 3 at a time is 29.95 I am pretty sure at least here in New England, USA. I like it.

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

As far as I know, I have no idea. I would honestly say that it wouldn't hurt to call the store and ask them.

From what I heard, I thought it was only 2 per month PLUS the online subscription.

But...with the new $14.99 ad, I think it is rent as much as you want.

----------------------------------------------

Ok, I just did some research and it confirms it....

http://www.blockbuster.com/homepage...allyoucanwatch&nav=false&cctr=aycwhomecallout

You only get 2 per month...but that is for the online portion.

Now, I think this is what you are looking for nohelpme...

http://blockbuster.custhelp.com/cgi..._street=&p_city=&p_country_id=&p_postal_code=

THIS pertains to the instore only Movie Pass.

Hope this helps.

10. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I use BB online.
    Its only 14.99 a month for 3 at a time.
    Im in a large metro area so its less than 2 days before they recieve my returns.
    The kicker (for me) is that i get two in-store rentals
    free a month.
    I use the 2 free rentals for ps2 games.
    That alone is worth the money .
    (ps2 games for 7 days -6.99 + tax.)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2005
  11. stef434

stef434 Guest

the blockbuster online deal in the uk is £20.99 per month and the most on average per month ive rented is 35 dvds....by far the best system in the uk ..not saying ive actually sat down and watched them all....i just follow the crowd