1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster trace chip

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by keep4u, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keep4u

keep4u Member

Whats the deal with the Blockbuster Trace Chip ????

2. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Im glad you asked, alot of people here know about it, but refuse to discuss it and I dont know why. As a noob I think you should know that Blockbuster as well as Netflix has a chip in every DVD they rent out. It is deep in the disc and cant be disabled. Basically everytime someone rips one of their rentals on a PC it will put a file on your HD and everytime you connect to the Internet it will send that file out to their source and eventually they will turn you over to the MPAA and then you will be sued. Thats why a lot of people need to know about it, but I guess people here figure that since piracy is wrong that piracy is wrong that most people here have good ethics and doesnt do that anyways, but I know that not everyone is perfect and yes some people actually rent movies and then rip and burn them. These people need to know that it doesnt take much to get caught. Also now some Blockbusters will scan a disc after it has been returned and if the chip was active during the time you rented it they will just automatically press charges. I think the chip activates when it spins a certain speed like when its getting ripped. Know one really knows for sure how to disactivate it, but a lot of people here have their own theories. Anyways Im sure others here will explain the whole process to you in better detail than I can.

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

DOUBLE POST DELETE THIS ONE!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2005
  4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I know people who use Netflix and they haven't been caught. Plus this so called file on your HD that will connect to the net ... all you have to do is get a firewall program and block access to the net.

*moved from dvd-r advanced*

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

lol, not again!!

6. ShitBreak

ShitBreak Member

Are people really this ignorant?

7. flip218

It really is funny. I don't know why people would think they are using different dvds than ones we buy.

8. GenPatton

GenPatton Member

Is this "trace chip" real or fantasy? I believe it to be fantasy as the economics of a "trace chip" in every DVD that they rent would have to be cost prohibitive.

9. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

GenPatton, I think you answered your own question. No such animal for the exact reason you stated.

Jerry

10. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

GenPatton

Not really. Just think of items we purchase everyday at just about any store that already have the little micro chip built into their packaging for security purposes. What about that new thing called "Digital angel"? That's for human implants. I even heard that StarBucks is putting chips in their coffee now to keep track of their users.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  11. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

LMAO

I like sour cream and onion chips,with my coffee.

12. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I heard there's a chip in the new zig zags and if you roll marijuana and smoke it with these new papers they send out a signal to local law enforcement and arrest you on sight. I also heard that if you cover your head with foil it will scramble the signal.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  13. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

What a bunch of bull that is...puff puff puff....is that a knock on my door?

14. flip218

Actually it's to see how long it takes for you to piss out their coffee :)

15. scott2453

scott2453 Guest

if theres one thing i hate, its those damn tracking chips. they are becoming far too commonplace in society today. they need to make these devices illegal so we cant be monitored every second. remember the good old days when we could burn movies/smoke pot/drink coffee without the FBI busting down the door? IMO, these tracking devices represent all that is evil.

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

YEAH I think i have one inplanted in my arm cause theres always someone following me. iam so scared WHAT IAM I GOING TO DO!! LOL

17. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

TIMEOUT!! It's logic time.....

Blockbuster buys DVDs in mass amounts....
    Blockbuster rents them out.....
    Blockbuster sells the DVDs used.....
    People buy the used BB DVDs.....
    People back up their now legally owned DVDs.....
    The fictional "non deactivatable chip" sends signals to BB then to the MPAA that you are backing up a DVD. But they cant tell the difference... so they send you to jail anyways.... Wow, you are full of crap.

Ludikhris

18. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

LMAO, phuc has got a lot to be blamed for.
    In order to disable the BCST (Blockbuster Content Scrambling & Tracking Device) you should read this handy guide

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/148004

just ignore ALL the bits where non believers say its not true. We havent heard from them for some time and i dare say they are now enjoying jail food and Bubba's company

The lead lined room is still for sale btw

19. Molder

Molder Regular member

CYK_2084,
    Dude what are you thinking?
    If you think about what you said, it really doesn't make sense, if a chip was planted deep within a DVD, what piece of harward reads the chip? Oh I forgot my DVD player has an electronic reader built right in there, no sorry it is a device that shipped with my motherboard, no wait, it's somthing Uncle Bill snuck in there.

Dude, reality check please.

M

20. hursty

hursty Active member

what ever happened to our civil rights?
    these chips are getting everywhere..
    i have heard "andrex"(toilet tissue manufacturer),have somehow evolved the conventional chip,which blockbuster commonly use,and made it transparant..you cant even see it....
    there thoery is to evaluate how much faeces(thats shite) we are producing,going on the basis how many skid marks are left on our tissue after wiping,from this they can work out the exact weight of your dump...this way,they will run a survey to determine which is the best thickness of tissue for you.whether a single layer or double layer will suffice....
    or for the unfortunate....the mighty triple layer
    even worse,they are in cahoots with your local water supplier.....
    the invisible chip also determines the weight ratio....
    so the bigger the log...the more water it needs to flush.so be warned fatties...the more you eat,the more shite you will produce,the more tissue you will consume,and the more water you will need.
    it will cost a fortune.......

whats it all coming to??
    tony blair/bush...you have a lot to answer for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.