1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster trace chip

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by keep4u, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Do you think Mr_Taz_UK will change is sig to include Mr. Gates' new title?

2. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

Ok, so I quit copying dvd's but I couldn't stop wiping my ass. Sadsac, I think you were lying cause all I got is a mess over here and still no log file! I began disecting corn particles but all we have are butter knives. I have no choice but to wait until harbor freight opens so I can get an exacto set and get surgical on that shit. By the way not only did I put the foil on my head but I out smarted you all, I put it on my nads and my equipment cause thats what I do most of my thinking with anyway.

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hey everyone have any of you ever seen one of these?

[​IMG]

Well if you look really close at your newer DVD's these are there. Its called a "sintronix traxer"
    It is exactly what everyone on here is joking about, but I can assure you these are real. I just found this one in a DVD from.. you guessed it Block Buster! I'm not sure exactly what it does yet but I am taking it to my buddies house who is a former CIA, BIO chemest, Nuclear phisics, and rocket scientist. He has a hufe lab in his basement and I know he will figure it out. I will post when I find out more!! [bold]Beware[/bold]

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Oh the scare tacktics continue. Lets post the rest of that website shall we:

Self-Tracker: A Smart Optical Sensor on Silicon
    Gary Bishop
    UNC Computer Science Dissertation TR84-002
    Abstract
    A new system for real-time, three-dimensional computer input is described. The system will use a cluster of identical custom integrated circuits with outward looking lenses as an optical sensing device. Each custom integrated sensor chip measures and reports the shift in its one-dimensional image of the stationary room environment. These shifts will be processed by a separate general-purpose computer to extract the three-dimensional motion of the cluster. The expected advantages of this new approach are unrestricted user motion, large operating environments, capability for simultaneous tracking of several users, passive tracking with no moving parts, and freedom from electromagnetic interference.

The fundamental concept for the design of the sensor chips relies on a cyclic relationship between speed and simplicity. If the frame rate is fast, the changes from image to image will be small. Small changes can be tracked with a simple algorithm. This simple algorithm can be implemented with small circuitry. The small circuitry lets a single chip hold the complete sensor, both imaging and image processing. Such implementation allows each sensor to be fast because all high-bandwidth communication is done on-chip. This cyclic relationship can spiral up as the design is iterated, with faster and simpler operation, or down, with slower and more complex operation. The system design sequence described here has been spiraling up.

System, sensor, algorithm, and processor designs have each had several iterations. Most recently, a prototype sensor chip has been designed, fabricated, and tested. The prototype includes a one-dimensional camera and circuitry for image tracking that operates at 1000 to 4000 frames per second in ordinary room light. As part of this research, photosensors that operate at millisecond rates in ordinary room light with modest lenses have been designed, tested and fabricated on standard digital nMOS lines. They may be useful for designers of other integrated optical sensors.
    This Self-Tracker chip from February 20, 1984 was fabricated through MOSIS in 4 micron single metal nMOS. It measures 6800 by 6300 microns and includes of a one-dimensional imager of 200 pixels (linear array about 1/4 down from the top), a 200 bit processor for measuring image shift (the square area mostly to the left and below center) and control (the right side)

So it looks like a motion sensor to me.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Prisoner,
    Man you spoiled all the fun!! :)

That being said I really believe it is time to close this thread... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez :)

6. indienemo

indienemo Guest

either quit your whining or PM a mod, its your choice mate! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.