1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blockbuster trace chip

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by keep4u, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Let's say that this was indeed true, and that there is a chip that could trace your pc.

What if I were to use my xbox and FTP over the contents of the disc instead of ripping, make my own .iso, and burn it?

Smart thinking eh :)

2. Doulley

Doulley Guest

ya but what if u have ur inter net unplugged when burning wouldnt it stop it even if there was a so called chip and if they did put the chip in where the hell would they put it and if they did put one in theres no freaking way the disk would work or contact blockbuster DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

3. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Thats what I like to see....someone who reads the whole thread first so they can make an intelligent and informed response.

<|:eek:)

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

You can't fool all of the people all of the time but you can fool some of the people some of the time and still others you may fool all of the time.

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

there are suckers born every minute

6. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Aah. That old philosopher.....P.T. Barnum

7. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Oh........gotta go!

I think the SEALs have landed in my backyard. I heard the choppers going over. Damn. I knew this wasn't REALLY the end of late fees. I should have returned this damn movie on time.

Not only do they keep track of rippers, but also they are coming after you for not returning their movies.

Gotta hide in the bomb shelter I had built!

Bourne

8. ddp

us military cannot be used on us soil unless ordered by the president of the usa or the governor of that state

9. indienemo

indienemo Guest

theres a sucker born every minute..but swallowers are a little harder to find!

10. ddp

maybe because they swallowed??

11. sadsac

sadsac Guest

There's only one way to get rid of this dreaded log file.

Get to your nearest command prompt and type FORMAT c:

That'll do the trick.

12. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

13. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Now see....that's what I mean!

I'm not sure it's a trace chip at all anymore. It must be RIP_SPY software. Just a tiny little program that carefully watches which programs you are using and how you're using them. It automatically installs on your system when you insert a DVD which is copy protected.

Now, it seems that ADVIDG is finding this software is installed automatically when he installs DVD Copy2.

Who knows how far this thing will go. This may not be Blockbuster after all. This has got to be someone else. Maybe it's Big Brother. Maybe it's the movie companies themselves.

This guy says the files are "installed deep". I think he's right. The format c: command may not be the answer after all. What was that flicker on my screen? I think someone just flashed my BIOS and installed that very software. It's probably right there beside that version of NORTON that was installed on my BIOS when I bought the computer.

Now, I'm REALLY freaked out. And I'm not even doing anything illegal. I'm just freaked out about the whole Big Brother thing itself. I always feel like someone's watching me. I've covered up my PC camera with a towel for fear that Big Brother may be sitting there watching me type.

Anyone know a good Shrink.....and I'm not talking about DVD shrink!!!

I've got.....to.....get....this.....device......out....of....my........head...........................................................

There! I think I got it.

14. me1

me1 Member

Well iam in the uk do think it has got to our BB hear after reading these threads iam sitting hear with tin foil on me head and sound proofed my room were my pc is got 5 fire walls on the go just in case (iam not paranoid i know everybody is watching me) ps prison is not to bad if ya ugly........ d;~)

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=57371

15. rico134

rico134 Regular member

oh man some of these threads have got to go down in afterdawn history.............they are just to funny no really they are!

16. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[bold]Can a Mod please close this thread already? My God people are idiots![/bold]

Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done

17. sadsac

sadsac Guest

Alright! I'm going to come clean.

I really didn't find any .log file or program on my system. I don't have an electron microscope, and I'm not a paranoid schizophrenic. I don't have a bomb shelter and my BIOS wasn't flashed by Big Brother. I don't live under an assumed name and I'm not hiding from anyone.

Some of the posts here were pretty funny and I'm sure we've probably made some people's wheels turn, but it's all in fun, right........ Hell, I almost made myself believe some of this crap.

On a serious note though, wouldn't it be easy for them to install such a program that would keep track of ripping software? Not that there really is such program, but if BB were to offer a "FREE" rip/burn program such as DVD Shrink, everyone would want to download it. Wouldn't that make it easy to catch the illegal rippers/burners? Now the trace chip idea....that's a little far-fetched. But the program install idea would be easy!

This thread was fun while it lasted.

I hope nobody really formatted their hard drive or torched their computer!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2005
  18. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

So many methods yet to explore and so little time. Oh well, there may be others.....

19. ddp

bbmayo, you can always pm a mod to close thread

20. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

One last folly:

There is no need for highly sophisicated, technical devices to be used to remove all of the imbedded chip technologies. A new company in Sedona, AZ is marketing a New Age Rewritable Chip (N.A.R.C.) technology for this purpose. Branches of the company will be located in Roswell, NM and Stonehenge, UK.

Basically, the system consists of placing your "BB" disc under a Crystal Pyramid which measures 13.13 inches at the base. Light from a north facing window will be focused through the Pyramid onto the disc's chip and effectively erase all chip data in about 13.13 minutes.

Pros: Deletes incriminating information.

Cons: Weight may produce a 9" floppy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.