1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blowing some steam

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Shindou, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Shindou

Shindou Member

Boy I really hate people who think they are the expert when in fact they know much less than the average person. A perfect example would be Benjimen in the post "media that works for you" under DVD-R media (im not picking on him I needed an example of what Im talking about and his was the first I saw). First they will give their rap sheet like that makes them look more knowlegable about what they are talking about. If anything it just makes them look even more stupid when what they say isnt true. Then when you start pointing out the faults and prove them wrong they start acting childish and come back with crap like you're loser, lamer, etc. I know arguing over the internet is stupid but some people just make it irrestible. I feel much better later.

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i seen those sorts! i like the ones who add something but means nothing - there great!

trying to think of an example here?

Q=i am trying to burn a dvdr from dvd (tale goes on 50 lines say)

A=have you got a dvd writer! and no help to the poor guy!

crazy!

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I see that a lot. As soon as someone starts defending them selfs saying they are a god ete ete. Then you know that there is something wrong. After saying that, I sure hope I don't have any posts like that. I try to tell people I only play with computers for fun, and only really know hardware. Software and programing, I still am a newbie.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hey prisoner,

no-one knows all, we are all newbies till the day we die! espacially in computers! the more you find out the more you need to know to get past what you didnt know in the first place...

PHEW! hope that come out right!

PS does anyone useing this thread post system have a computer? doh...

LOL....

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Currently that is working now I have:
    Toshiba 2450 Notebook 2.8Ghz
    Compaq 8770 200MMX pentium
    Power Mac 7200/90.

Not fulling functioning is a 486 Dx66
    a 286 Compaq note book I built from parts (still can't get a hard drive to work on it) Dos is good
    Also I have P2 233 no name, that also a toy.

So Yes I have a computer. I did say I like and know hard ware.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i have a 486 dumped in my garden its been sripped but inside it looks brand new, not a spec of dust on it! case bashed but mobo is like brand new!

Thx..

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Wow Rotary,
    You must really like computers. Most of have garden Knomes or frog in our gardens. I never thought of puting a computer in my garden. Can you follow a water fall out of the CDrom drawer.
    LOL, Just poking fun. I took an 86 (yes the edicational version before 286's) through it at a dumpster. Missed the inside, started it up later and it still worked. You can't beet the older machines, but they weight a tone.

(I really have to learn how to spell and use grammer with out a spell checker!!)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]I am not a number
    I am a Free Man[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2003