1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu Ray Backup speeds??!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by brian480, Dec 29, 2010.

1. brian480

brian480 Member

Hey guys,
    I just received a LG WH10LS30 for Xmas. I've been playing around with it and I have a question. Why are my speeds so bad!! My "test" Blu Ray disc that I just randomly grabbed is "The Dark Knight" I've been trying to back it up, but my speeds are SLOOOOOOOOW! I use AnyDvd to rip the movie to the hard drive first, that was a breeze. Only took about 15-20 minutes. I then tried DvdFab and Blue-Cloner2 to process using H.264 and burn to my blank 25gb Verbatim blanks. It starts out processing pretty quickly...for about the first minute, then it keeps getting slower and slower and slower as time goes on. I just abandoned the project when it was at 18 hours remaining???? Seriously? For one stinking movie?!! I've been backing up standard Dvd's since the original DvdXCopy hit the market, so I'm pretty experienced and have had great luck. I used AnyDvd and 1Click Copy Pro for years now and it worked great! Entire Dvd in about 9 minutes.

Now I know that Blu Ray is a whole different animal regarding the sheer size and the encoding rates etc, but is there ANYTHING I can do to speed up this process? I can understand a couple hours, but 18 hours? That's just wrong! LOL. Will upgrading my hardware make a difference? I'm running a Intel Pentium D Dual Core CPU 3000Ghz, 3Gb ram, and a Nvidia Geforce 7600GT graphics card. (I know, I know...all my hardware is older)

Do you think this is ok for Blu Ray and it's another issue or is this THE reason my speeds are so slow?? Money is tight right now, just got divorced so if I need to upgrade hardware, it'll have to be little by little. Any thoughts guys?

How many hours does it take YOU to back up a disc?

2. tedmel

tedmel Member

Any luck with this problem yet? I have the same problem. I found MCSE speed edit and flashed my drive. The next bluray ripped and burned within a half hour and after that one time it is back to the same 18-30 hrs.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  3. keebles

keebles Regular member

Your cpu is not strong enough for high def h264 conversion. You need a little more power for it to work. I have a Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q9300 ( http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=33922 )and it takes me about an hour to rip and covert blue rays to bd5(avchd discs). The more cores that you have the better( allows more processing power)