1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-Ray Burner Suggestions

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by depgrumpy, Dec 9, 2010.

1. depgrumpy

depgrumpy Member

Looking to buy a blu-ray burner and need suggestions on good make and models if anyone has any good suggestions. My player is and LG and possibly PS3 in the future. Thanks ahead of time......

2. keebles

keebles Regular member

If you are just going to back up the main movie and nothing else, then all you need is the following(this way you can save money without buying BDr's). For LEGAL purposes, you must OWN the original!!!
    1) A Blu Ray drive(not a burner)
    2) A Dvd burner
    3) Dvd Fab
    4) Imgburn

Then do the following.
    1) Rip the main movie to your hard drive using Dvd Fab (uncompressed)
    2) Then run the uncompressed rip(on your hard drive) through Dvd Fab, but this time have Dvd Fab compress it down to what you want for size wise (1080p BD9)Dual layer dvdr)(720p BD5)Single layer dvdr).
    3) The burn the compressed image with imgburn
    You now have a copy of the main movie in either 1080p format (dual layer dvd) or 720p format (single layer dvd) that you can play on a Blu Ray player (including set top boxes such as your Lg or a ps3).

I got a Blu Ray burner last year and have not burned one BDR yet( I have a 12pk that has not been opened yet). I have burned though tons of BD5 copies of Blu Ray discs for my father so the originals are kept safe in our safe(yes we keep the originals in a safe). He lost one of his Blu Ray discs before and we haven't found it yet.