1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-Ray. Can THEY make it hard to decrypt?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by ChimpyD, Nov 24, 2005.

1. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Hmmmm! Thanks for the education diabolos, I didn't know that. So much for my specualation. I think the movie companies are mildly admitting defeat as relates to encryption....A new means of aquiring movies online as well as rent has lead me to this belief. Hey members check out this website. www.movielink.com Let me know what you think.

2. gamename

gamename Regular member

well sony has already backed down from putting the flags on there bd media and i think the hd camp will do the same. there are just too many people that have hd tvs that use component inputs. with out a dvi or hdmi u couldnt watch either with these flags present on there dvds.the competition will be great between the two for customers. that should last a few years. besides i cant even afford DL media much less blank hd or bd.

3. SCEvan

SCEvan Member

a blank blue-ray disc costs $25, youll be better off just buying an original

4. sully_2u

sully_2u Regular member

deleted

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  5. msitarski

msitarski Member

Yea lol the orgianl.

Media should go down soon hopefuly.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The cost of the HD and BlueRay system will keep its usage at a minimum for several years. The cost of the regular dvd players and burners have flooded the market into almost all households, many automotive systems to the point that they can't just stop selling movies on these regular dvds. Maybe over 5 to 10 years you will see less of the normal dvd movies, but if they do it too soon, they will see an uproar from the present owners of equipment that don't want to see their money go down the drain for buying outdated players and burners. Just my opinion. I see no benefit from buying either new format at this time and if everyone sees it the same way then the old format will still be around for a long time.

Jerry

7. taltamir

taltamir Guest

I read some articles saying that bluray encryption has already been cracked...

8. meyer_m

meyer_m Regular member

yeah, it's approximately located a quarter of an inch under this thread.

9. msitarski

msitarski Member

If someone manages to get BLU ray to DVD and the blu ray readers are only about $400 in not to long wont be to bad.

10. taltamir

taltamir Guest

blue ray is unneeded. Blue ray only allows MPEG2 encoding, that is VERY outdated. Not to mention all the encryption and other copy protection... A full length high def movie can EASILY be stored as a 2GB file using MPEG4 technology, in fact, all my high def movies are just that way. So while getting blue ray to dvd-video is impossible (because DVD is also MPEG2), using a media center PC you can play it from an MPEG4 file stored on a DVD-Data disk and enjoy full hidef...

11. Andrew691

Andrew691 Regular member

Bluray CURRENTLY is using MPEG2, its not the official format that the video is supposed to be in. Movies should soon be released in MPEG4 which is the main format movies will be in for BD.

12. taltamir

taltamir Guest

That was not originally the case, if they ARE finally choosing to move to MPEG4 then its a very good thing. Probably in response to HDDVD claim to use MPEG4, blu ray just would not have stood a chance otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2006
  13. ACEx1984

ACEx1984 Member

im sure i will get one in the future. I can not afford the 1080p TV that you will prolly need to play blu ray and i already got a x360 with hd player cant use that cuzz i dont have a hdtv 1080i. I will wait until all this to goes down. Until then ill just stick with what i have.

14. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  15. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

I still won't and won't for the foreseeable future have anything to do with either format until the drm is cracked.

16. taltamir

taltamir Guest

I already replied to that, read my post. Yes HDDVD uses MPEG 4, it always did, this is unrelated to my argument.
    Yes bluray uses MPEG4 NOW, but initially the spec called for ONLY MPEG2, they added an MPEG4 option to compete with HDDVD (because 25GB of MPEG2 cannot compete with 20GB of MPEG4, or even with 5GB of MPEG4 for that matter).
    That means Blu Ray is not a total peice of shit, but would actually have good quality playback capability.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  17. MarkDogg1

MarkDogg1 Member

hi def movies will easily be cracked,actually theirs already a way of doing it

18. MarkDogg1

MarkDogg1 Member

hi def movies will easily be cracked,actually theirs already a way of doing it

19. wired_

wired_ Member

yeah i agree with what you are saying. It will be years

20. zrdb

zrdb Regular member

I totally agree with you-Bluray and HDDVD are on my s**t list for the forseeable future.