1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray Disc Backup Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by rounder00, Jul 7, 2009.

1. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Hey All,

I've used AnyDVD HD and ImgBurn to save an ISO file from a blu-ray movie that I want to "Backup". Now I have the file sitting on my HDD @ 38gb. I want to burn it to a single layer BD-R @ 25GB. I'd like to keep the quality as high as possible and don't care for the extra content and trailers. Can any of you recommend software that will compress the file, remove extra crap and burn to BD-R?

Thanks everyone - Much appreciated!
    —rounder

2. redice

redice Regular member

3. dazone

dazone Member

Ripbot264 a freeware. Thats what i use.

4. dazone

dazone Member

5. rounder00

rounder00 Member

I tried RipBot and installed all the necessary software for it. The prob is it doesn't seem to support ISO files.

For DVDs I use Roxio Easy DVD copy which works great for compressing the file, removing all the extra content and burning. Any of you know of software kinda like that or another process for blu-ray media?

6. rounder00

rounder00 Member

I read the article (man that was hard!!) lol.

I'll try ripping the dvd this way and post if successful. Just have to find a good CRK for anyDVD first.

Thanks

7. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Okay so I'm ripping the Blu-Ray Disc now. Once it's complete I should end up with an un-encrypted rip in mp4 or mkv format. When that's complete what should I use to burn the rip to a BD-R blank to play on a blu-ray player?

Thanks for the help!

8. dazone

dazone Member

1st check and see how big the folder is that anydvd hd made. Sometimes you can just burn with imgburn in build mode. If not. Open up ripbot and pick the biggest file which is usually the movie. Then it will do its magic for about 30min. Now check your settings. I dont remeber settings but i made sure that size is 23000 to fit on bd-r 25gb. Now its going to take 8-12hours. All u need to know is in this forum. Have fun.

9. dazone

dazone Member

Use a bd-re to experiment with burning. If movie is under 25gb. Sometimes u can leave some files out such as trailers and burn without using ripbot.

10. dazone

dazone Member

Iggest file is the movie hopefully under 25gb if so leave some junk files out of the folder. Go to imgburn build mode and drag drop tue 2 folders and burn. If wont fit u have to use ripbot. Some movies will have alot of big files that are the movies. Seeing that just pick one big file with ripbot to convert. Ripbot= takes long. Set it and forget it.

11. rounder00

rounder00 Member

Awesome... Thanks for all the great info!!