1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blu ray discs and burning

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by bucknut88, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Cookieboy

Cookieboy Regular member

Thanks 4 the reply N2.
    I have a Quad Core 2.33ghz with 4 gigs of ram and lots of HD space so Im sure it can handle the task.I am just wondering whether I should back up my blu ray disks to 50gb or 25gb with compression, but it sounds like the loss in video quality is negligible if I just rip the main movie to a 25gb BD-R as opposed to a 50gb BD-RE DL??

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Get yourself both BD-R 25GB and 50GB BD-R DL disc to complete your final back up once you have completed your test back up to your 50GB BD-RE rewriteable. If the BD title larger than 23.700GB (main movie or movie and menus, I back that title up to 50GB. If the title is smaller than 23.700GB, I back that title up to a 25GB BD-R. I use AnyDVD/HD's RIP TO Hard Drive ISO.

3. shag9499

shag9499 Member

what i was meaning was, when looking at blank media some of the ebay ads list compatibility with certain burner units. is compatiblity with certain blank media a problem? as none of the ads i see list my particluar burner for compatibility. ido know in the case of dvds certain brands have better reliability for not makeing coasters. this is what im trying to avoid naturally with the cost of blank bd. i will get both a 25 and 50 gbg rewriteable disks as u do to test write the files but dont wanna get one and it not be useable. couldnt find a buffalo writer at the time but i see them now naturally after my purchase. the panasonic i got must be fairly new to the market as i can find no reviews or forum dissucions on it at various sites.

4. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Ok....I use SONY 50GB BD-RE and and 50GB BD-R DL (PRINTABLE). I also use OPTICAL QUANTUM brand 25GB BD-R shiny top. Many people use VERBATIM which are also known as MITSUBISHI BD media. My honest observation, I have not heard bad BD media...there other brands out there like PANASONIC that I hear are good too.

5. shag9499

shag9499 Member

ok thanks n2dvd i got my drive today but havent ordered any media yet. gona mess with converting to dvd5 until i get media.