1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray dvd

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by Zmi, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Zmi

Zmi Newbie

Hello I'm new here so hi =p I wanted to transfer blu-ray's I downloaded onto dvd disks, I was wondering how I would go about this? Like what software should I use and will it compress the blu-ray to fit onto a dvd or will it ask you to use multiple dvd's.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I seem to recall an older Guide to recode blu ray onto dvd. It was rather lengthy and involved. I think you still had to play the result on a blu ray machine/drive. Using DVD Fab is much more simple. Actual blu ray discs are not that expensive, ie. RiData. Have had good results with them.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

I just checked RiData prices and I agree they are not bad. Do you have any idea how they age? For DVDs I see depending on brands 5 - 12+ yrs. Faster burning disks have shorter lives. Unless they have been left out in the sun only verbatims last more than 10 years. I am thinking of getting into this century with BR burning. The last time I looked blanks cost too much.

4. Nepheler

Nepheler Member

Are your Blu-ray movies protected? If not, just compress the movie into smaller size that fit a DVD.
    If yes, try some blur-ray ripping tools like BDMagic, or Handbrake+MakeMKV.
    As for burning software, toast is a good choice.