1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-Ray for Media Player

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by BSouders8, Jun 13, 2012.

1. BSouders8

BSouders8 Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Does anyone know of a reasonable media player that either has a blu-ray drive already in it or has the option to add one? Yes, I've been googling and found some players that may work.

Can I post links or just brand/models?

I am doing this b/c of dang cinavia. I've acquired over 20 3D blu-ray ISO's. I can not play these through the PS3 or my 3D blu-ray player due to CINAVIA.

I have a media player that plays almost everything over my network. It'll play a blu-ray ISO but no menus and it plays the 2D file.

Some media players claim that they can play a 3D bluray iso just like it was a disk, but I'm skeptical. Can anyone confirm or deny?

If a media player had an add on blu-ray disk or built it, I would assume it doesn't have cinavia included. Yes, I can rip the .iso to SBS .mkv and watch it, but I'm compressing and losing the stereotropic 3D.

These are some options I've seen so far.

Or what's the best solution? I want to take full advantage of my bluray .iso's without running into cinavia.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Apr 26, 2006
    Read about Cinavia on Wikipedia and Cinaviafix.

Basically "Newer" players have Cinavia, "Older" players do not. I would consider 3D capability to be in the Newer category.