1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray has overtaken HD-DVD for overall sales.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by AFreak, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AFreak

    AFreak Regular member

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2005
    Messages:
    288
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
  2. oofRome

    oofRome Regular member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2005
    Messages:
    1,062
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    46
    most likely due to the absense of ps3 games than the appeal of hd movies.

    still, though, quite impressive.
     
  3. henrito

    henrito Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    /me pops open a bottle of champagne

    Just wait for the PS3 release in Europe.
    Itll boost sales a bit;)
     
  4. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,124
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    128
    moved to correct forum
     
  5. janrocks

    janrocks Guest

    And it goes off like a damp squib.. Another sony lame duck format methinks..
     
  6. BobbyBlu

    BobbyBlu Guest

    That lame duck is selling real good to be lame.
     
  7. henrito

    henrito Member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2006
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    janrocks you definetally do not rock :p
    Go back to hugging your Xbox 360 or whatever you do
     
  8. ddp

    ddp Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2004
    Messages:
    39,124
    Likes Received:
    89
    Trophy Points:
    128
    henrito, watch it!!
     
  9. janrocks

    janrocks Guest

    Hey henriti.. Do you get paid by sony to be a mouthpiece, or does being a stupid blind ignorant arrogant fanboy just come naturally? (personal insults are my speciality.. come back when you leave school numpty!!)

    HD-DVD has been taken up by 80% of the film releasing businesses..that leaves sony with 20%. I am just waiting for sony going with the herd and releasing a hd-dvd player in the next 12 months. As for selling well.. There are unsold ps3's on the shelves in the town where I live because they are too expensive, the game selection is limited..and it's just another expensive gadget (plus it's ugly as sin).

    I don't buy into M$ crap, and I don't buy into sony copy-protection spyware..

    Blu -ray will most probably fail as did the UMD and minidisk formats, because it is single manufacturer. Every single manufacturer media format has historically died out in a short time leaving the unlucky purchasers with a piece if expensive and unusable junk.

     
  10. BobbyBlu

    BobbyBlu Guest

    I'm sorry to inform you Janrocks but HD-DVD having 80% is not true at all if so provide us with a link which there is not one.Tell me this, if you see PS3 on shelves do you read the serial numbers on the boxes.So how do you know if its the same PS3 you been seeing because you know the PS3 Boxes look the same.

    So you saying that a company don't have the right to protect there stuff?

    That was not called for personal insults will get you banded also.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2007
  11. Nephilim

    Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2003
    Messages:
    14,942
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    116
    This will go nowhere. Thread closed.
     
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page