1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray to 3.9 GB?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Shinraboy, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Shinraboy

Shinraboy Regular member

Hi there. I've been trying out DVDFab to backup my bluray movies so that they may fit on my PS3. I set the fixed size to 3900 and it converts looking great but the sound is muffled. Is there any way to rip to this size with proper sound? Thanks in advance.

2. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

Are you playing on a bd player or on a pc? I only use dvdfab to rip the movie so I don't know what the problem might be. Use Tsmuxer to see what audio dydfab used for the compile. I've had a few BDs that didn't have an AC3 audio file so if dvdfab had to convert HD audio it might be alittle awful. I perfer to do it all myself instead of a 1 click solution.

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I noticed the same thing using dvdfab... video looks great when converted, but audio sucks. I am trying to figure out a way to keep audio quality, and convert the video, but i am confused on all of this lol.

4. 13echo4

13echo4 Regular member

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=60776733ace23841ab1eab3e9fa335caf9c80eeef15dd78c
    Go and download this guide and and read thru it and install the software that spplies to you. Then as your working thru it you can say what your confused about. It'll be easier to help you. I don't think dvdfab does that great of a job of encoding myself. I still prefur to do it all manually. That's why I just use dvdfab to rip with.