1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray to ipad/iphone

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by seanymac, Mar 2, 2011.

1. seanymac

seanymac Member

The last two years I've been backing up my BD's to a portable HDD using AnyDVD and TSmuxer. This has been working pretty well, I purchased a 1TB HD to store all the movies and then I connect my laptop to the TV/HDD and use MPC to view the movie.

I've now come to a crossroad in where to go from here. The Ipad is fast becoming one of the ways that my kids like to watch movies and I need a solution to this mess. I've never compressed any of these blu-rays, I hate the thought of losing quality and figured I'd just upgrade the size of my HDD when it's filled.

Does anyone recommend a way to keep the quality and compress down for MP4/ipad. Can I compress the movies I already have stored on the HDD? (They are in blu-ray disk format in case I'm ever able to burn them to BD). Should I purchase another HDD all together and start over, compressing everything down to MP4? I need some options and I'm willing to listen.

Remember this, I don't need all my movies on the ipad and one time. I'd be willing to movie them back and forth when needed to play them. Let me know what file size works for most people out there and what considerations I need to make.

Thanks in advance, most of you are very patient and I appreciate everyone's help.

2. verinox

verinox Member