1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu ray to mkv problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray' started by maxrp, Nov 23, 2011.

1. maxrp

maxrp Member

Running the latest RipBoot V1.16.5
    So far all worked very nice.
    All previously converted blu rays to mkv's this particular revision did finish
    with no scratch.
    Recently I want to convert The Expendables Blu Ray to mkv, and things
    are not going so smooth.
    After finishing the first and necessary part through DVDFab, I can see that the main movie is being chopped to segments as it's original design.
    Among those segments there are also "extras" entire block where decoding is focusing on it at all times. Can't get start with the proper conversion of the main movie.
    Does anyone had an experience with this coversion ?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  2. maxrp

maxrp Member

Good if not excellent tool to use.
    Yes indeed in this particular example there are a lot of segments
    and the program chooses the larger file.
    In this case title 0006 is chosen with 2h10 min length if I remember correctly.
    It is that extra material where the production of the movie is being explained.
    On the same line clicking on the arrow - drop down list must be used.
    From that list title 0004 must be choose of length 1h 43 min.
    Rest of the process remain the same, entire movie is being compressed and convert to mkv format with excellent result.
    I also must add that proceeding with the same conversion using DVDFab using the latest November revision as it seems so reliable, the software does not finishing the process which is very disappointing.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011