1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu-ray to Mpeg-4 question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by jericho13, Jul 15, 2009.

1. jericho13

jericho13 Guest

Hey, im kinda new to this, i tried searching for a similar topic but couldn't find any.

My question is i want to back up my blu-ray movies to mpeg-4 so i can play them strait off a external hard drive i use on my ps3 to my tv. Ive been looking around at a couple programs that look promising such as Slysofts anydvd HD and it sounds like it would do it, but i just want to make sure before buying it. i want the video file to be basically HD video and 5.1 sound quality, will this program work for that? or is there anything else anyone can recommend?

thanks in advance

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You may download and evaluate our products for free for a period of 21 days.

3. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

ANYDVDHD is a ripper / decrypter and a very good one at that but it can not convert to ther formats. I would use ANYDVDHD to rip and use BD Rebuilder to create AVCHD which can be played of an external HDD.

4. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

ANYDVDHD is a ripper / decrypter and a very good one at that but it can not convert to other formats. I would use ANYDVDHD to rip and use BD Rebuilder to create AVCHD which can be played of an external HDD.

5. jericho13

jericho13 Guest

k thnx i will try that out, do i have to have a blu-ray drive to burn the blu-ray movie? or will a normal dvd drive work?

6. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

BD Rebuilder will create an AVCHD that can be burned to a DVD5 or DVD9 with a regular DVD burner using imgburn. Make sure imgburn is set to UDF2.5 (http://wayhighlevel.googlepages.com/IMGBURN.JPG/IMGBURN-full;init:.JPG) that will give you 1080P / 720P with 5.1 Audio

If you still want an external hdd solution look into a program called HDConvertToX.

7. Katie09

Katie09 Guest

Normal DVD drive can't read blu-ray DVD. So first, you need a blu-ray drive.

8. chrialex

chrialex Member

So you can use BD Rebuilder to convert a 50GB blu-ray to AVCHD, then burn that onto a DVD9, and play it in a standard DVD player? How does the quality of the final disc compare to the blu-ray and dvd versions of the movie? I would guess it is better than the DVD, but not as good as the BR, correct? Is it possible to burn the file (either the AVCHD or an iso from AnyDVDHD) onto multiple DVD9 discs, thereby not lowering the quality as much?

9. MysticE

MysticE Active member

No an AVCHD disc needs a Blu-Ray player.

10. chrialex

chrialex Member

Ok, I have that, but what about the rest?

11. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

Rip your Bluray.
    download BDrebuilder
    Run your ripped bluray through BDrebuilder (its noob friendly)
    find something to do for about 5 hours while it processes.
    Burn the output to a dvd with IMGBURN using UDF2.5
    put the burned DVD in your BLURAY player and press the play button.

Blank dvds cost what, $1 each. Experiment.

if you use a DVD5 it might be a good idea to set BDrebuilder to 720P.
    a DVD9 is large enough for 1080P

12. digitals2

digitals2 Guest

Quote:
    you can use BD Rebuilder to convert a 50GB blu-ray to AVCHD, then burn that onto a DVD9, and play it in a standard DVD player?
    And It's Work For Converting Data For Comfortably :)
    Thanks for Sharing with me

edited by ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009