1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blu ray with data now blank

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by deem1, Nov 26, 2010.

1. deem1

deem1 Member

I don't know if this is the right place to post, been a while since I posted here. I bought a Blu ray writer LG GGW-H20, it worked for about six months then blue screen of death. Anyway, the discs I did burn worked fine, it was my own data and nothing ilegal E.G. Copyright. FSX scenery I designed and ten years of photography which I wont be able to recreate. I bought a Liteon iHOS104 player. My OS is XP 32 SP3, I installed UDF drivers and have tried numerous recovery programs, one of the recovery programs lifts an 18 gig file off the disc and saves it as a large cda.wav file of 18 gig. I know the data is there on these discs but I cannot get it back, it says not recognised disc or disc is blank, I have read it might be compatibilty issues, you can see the ring where the disc has been burned, it worked fine until the writer broke, I wish to know if anyone knows anything else I could try, I was thinking of installing the blu ray drive onto my vista system.

2. fifedogg

fifedogg Member

What brand BD-R are you using? I've heard on Ritek, Memorex and even early Verbatim discs would some how lose data after a little time. If you search Memorex BD-R problems on google you will see. I know it sucks but as far as I know there is no way to get the data back once the Discs fail to hold the data. Those companies should be sued in my opinion. I can only wonder how many people like yourself lost very important data because of this...