1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Screen of Death - STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Horiz, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Horiz

Horiz Member

Got a new PC and a new HDD, started installing with my dodgy Windows disc, was at 99% and it said it couldn't find some DLL. I figured ONE DLL isn't gonna matter that much and told it to ignore. Continued the usual process, said it was gonna restart, done that.

Then it came up saying Setup needs to restart and shortly after that, a blue screen of death:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
    The session manager initialization process terminated unexp with a status of 0xc00026c (0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Fine I thought, disc must be buggered. NP, I have another version burned for just such an emergency.

However, I now can't boot from CD as it just goes straight back into the corrupted setup and then gives me the blue screen once again.

PLEASE tell me there's some easy way to reformat my HDD so I can start installing again WITHOUT the aid of a friend's PC.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

When you are trying to boot from the CD, you should get a message saying to boot from the CD, press any key. It should boot to the CD.

It goes by fast, so you have to be quick to hit a key.

If you get to the CD boot up, make sure that you delete the corrupt partition, have Windows create a new partition, then have it format it.

3. Horiz

Horiz Member

Yeah it SHOULD give a message press any key to boot from CD, but it just goes STRAIGHT into the set up :<.

I've tried with both Windows discs.

However, if I boot with a Compaq or Medion Windows (the ones I WON'T be able to install from) it will give me the choice to boot from CD, and will then ofc freeze when I try to install it.

4. Horiz

Horiz Member

Had the idea to boot up with compaq/medion disc and then swap it to another one while it was doing the checks, but now ofc those discs won't do anything either.

:C!!