1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blue screen of mild unpleasentness

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by DezAnge, Jan 17, 2007.

1. DezAnge

DezAnge Member

Ok here the thing, I figured out how to hook up my computer to my new tv. So far I've been doing this with an s-video cable so the screen been kinda fuzzy. So I decided to get a compoent cable hook-up instead. I hook up the compoenet cable from my computer's video card (using an adapter that came with the video card) to my tv (27' samsung hd). It works but the problem is that the scrren comes up in a tint of blue. Every thing looks ok but the screen is shaded blue for some reason. All the parts are hooked up in the right way, so any advice?

2. tctmr2

tctmr2 Member

Samsung HD right? Get a graphics card with HDMI out. $130 - $210. Problem solved. Spend the money, do it right. Only a few on the market. I recommend the asus EN7600gt. Carefull casue similar model numbers are dual DVI instead of HDMI and DVI. Don't worry if you dont have DVI monitor, it comes with adapter

3. r3sil3

r3sil3 Member

You need to make sure the refresh rate of your 2nd output to your TV is 30Mhz Interlaced.

Thisis under the advanced tab of Display properties.