1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blue Screened.....

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by Ank_3, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Ank_3

Ank_3 Member

Hey

I was running AVG AS and Spybot just now, and i blue screened. I use the freeware version so it isnt a real-time app. My real-time app is spyware guard. I think the problem is SG + AVG but uinno. Lemme know

Cheers

2. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

I've installed AVG and SpywareGuard on many PC's... never had any conflict problems between the two.

Doubt that those are the cause of the BSOD.

3. Ank_3

Ank_3 Member

was it avg antispyware? because almost every time i run Avg antispyware plus spywareguard my laptop blue screens

4. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

AVG AntiSpyware is what used to be Ewido AntiSpyware. Ewido was bought out by AVG.

Strange that its happening to you though... never heard tha problem before.

Do you have the AVG-AS Active Monitor running(Guard.exe) when this happens? It could be the two Active Monitors conflicting with each other.

I'd disable AVG's Active Monitor and see if that helps.

5. Ank_3

Ank_3 Member

well im using the freeware version so the realtime scanner is disabled, but whenever i use avg as the dark avg icon appears on my taskbar and shortly after, if SG is running, it blue screens. anyways i guess ill have to disable SG everytime i want to scan with AVG. Anways, thanks a lot.

Cheers

6. KotaGuy

KotaGuy Regular member

If you can let me know what the Stop Error is when you get the Blue Screen I may be able to figure something out as to why this is happening.