1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth adapter and Mobile Phone tools (on Win XP SP1)

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by sid2k_in, Apr 29, 2005.

1. sid2k_in

sid2k_in Member

Hey, can anyone solve this problem of mine? I got XP SP1 and recently i bought a bluetooth adapter (dongle) its activating using its software provided with the CD. the problem arises when Mobile phone tools does not identify my phone via bluetooth even while both the adapter and the phone are linked via the other software. Can anyone help please?

Sid

2. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

start the program hit the menu button on the phone image on the screen then setup , connection and change the modem to dun client .

3. sid2k_in

sid2k_in Member

Hey, thanks... but there's another problem... it asks me which port i should install the modem in? Com ports 3 to 15. There's another option where i can install in all the ports. My bluetooth adapter is in the USB port (which isnt mentioned in the list). I think i am getting somewhere, but i need some help again...

Sid

4. sid2k_in

sid2k_in Member

ok i did this... i installed it in com port 3, and while its trying to identify the bluetooth device, it says its "not accesible or in use by another application".. though my phone is discoverable for 60 secs, and my blue tooth software is on.