1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth upload problem due to 5mb limitation

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by zimzimmer, Dec 5, 2004.

1. zimzimmer

zimzimmer Member

Hi,

I’ve got a Bluetooth dongle to upload files to my K700i and also to download to my PC. The problem is that with the software that I got with the dongle the upload limit per session is limited to 5mb. This is ok for when I’m uploading games as they are small files, but when it comes to uploading MP3’s I have to restart the program everytime I want to upload one (it won’t even accept a MP3 that was 5.11mb!!) and can’t do multiple file uploads, etc…

I’ve tried using Floats Mobile agent to try and connect with the Bluetooth dongle but it just won’t connect at all.

Could somebody plossibly point me in the direction of some Bluetooth upload/download software or help me configure Floats Mobile Agent correctly to get it to communicate with the BT dongle??

Also someone mentioned that you can do it using the Sony Ericsson file browser… is this true, if so how!!!

Thank you

2. SNESdude

SNESdude Guest

Set up a virtual serial port using the software that came with the bluetooth dongle, set it to startup automatically. Then go to FMA and set the connection to serial port and change it to the virtual port you made. Sorry for the obscurity but I changed to a motorola phone so I havn't used FMA for awhile.

3. zimzimmer

zimzimmer Member

Sorry to have to ask this but how do you set up a virtual Serial Port??

And also how to link it to FMA?

Thanks

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member

VSP is set up in your Device Manager under Serial Devices, if you don't see it there then you should have a driver disk or download the driver software.