1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bluray download movie only to dvd 9

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by indyjase, Jul 3, 2008.

1. indyjase

indyjase Member

thanks for the info I knew it had to be something to do with the settings... well after a full day it is at the part that says muxing...so it does indeed seem to be doing something and that is good!!!! Does it always take this long? I am running dual core 3000 processor with 2gig of ram and 70 per cent free HD. once it is done can I use dvd decryptor to burn or do I have to use img burn....I have both just never before used img burn, but looks easy enough?...hang on I said that about ripbot...LOL!!!!!!

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If it's muxing then that is a good sign. When it's done check it for size and then run it through Imgburn to create an ISO for burining

Yes unfortunately it does take a long time. I'm using and E8400 overclocked to 3.82 GHz with 4 gigabytes of RAM and it takes usually takes 7 hours or more. The best bet is to set it up earlier past the remuxing and settings stage, then minimize, and click start just when you're ready to go to bed.

3. indyjase

indyjase Member

bugger....it seems to be stuck on muxing as its been there for the last 6 hours!!!!! should I just leave it to see if anything happens or start again!!!!!

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Kill it!! something is not right. The muxing phase shouldn't take more than 30 or 40 minutes on the outside. It takes perhaps 6 hours for an encode but not just to get the audio in sync.

Remember your settings and think about those that might affect this final phase which could be an audio encoding issue.

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

indyjase depending on what country you live in as far as making a backup copy of the movie you bought, it is not legal to make backups of your store bought movies here in the usa. as far as converting mkv files, you can use convertxtodvd, good luck

6. indyjase

indyjase Member

will have another play with the settings....convert to dvdx doesnt give me 1080p, it encodes nice but no better than a regular dvd....will change the pass to 1 and have a general fiddle

7. indyjase

indyjase Member

well I left it to try again and it still seemed to get bogged down at the muxing stage but this time when I tried to play the movie with media player it worked but was blocky with vlc player? Is there a way to test this before buring it to a dvd to see if it will rip? Is img burn the best tool for ripping this? it is now an m2s (think thats right?) file. Any thoughts will be really helpful as this is driving me crazy......thanks guys

8. NarutoUzu

NarutoUzu Member

Try burning it on a DVD+RW using ImgBurn and try it. I don't know about ripping though...try tsMuxer.

9. indyjase

indyjase Member

sorry wrong wording!!! the file size is 5gb which is great but I want to know that if I burn it to a DL disk *having used TSmuxer I now basically have this m2ts file which plays fine on the pc but I was just asking if I burnt it to a DL disk would it play in my stand alone bluray player and if so would it be recognized as a bluray disk....thanks

10. NarutoUzu

NarutoUzu Member

Only one way to find out. ;) I would assume it would work, burn it and check to see if it works.

11. indyjase

indyjase Member

Nope, it didnt work buring it with img burn, which is twice now!!!! will try the whole process again with a different movie....back to the drawing board!!!

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

indyjase

You don't have to burn the movie to find out if it will play just use image burn to create an ISO and then mount it using an application such as Daemon Tools then you should be able to play it from your hard drive with PowerDVD or an equivalent.

13. lundung

lundung Member

I am in the same boat as indyjase... I got as far as loading up the .MKV file in ripbot. From there I was able to demux. After demuxing, it automatically opened up Media Player Classic and Media Player Classic has an error at the bottom that says "cannot render the file". I cannot change any settings in Ripbot. Does anyone know what I should do now? My .MKV file has all the video and audio in one file and is 11.7 gigs. I am trying to get it to fit on a dual layer DVD disc. Thanks!