1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BLURAY VS HD-DVD quality wise

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by Rob423, Feb 23, 2007.

1. mrmollusk

mrmollusk Member

2. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

I have both formats because I want more choices for high-def movies. I have been buying more Blu-Ray lately because of the titles that were not released on HD-DVD.

Personally my only leaning for HD-DVD is the better user interface. For example, I like the time bar on-screen during pause, FF, and REW. It is similar to TiVo.

I read reviews on HighDefDigest.com before I purchase my high-def movies. Specially when they come out on both formats. It kills me when a review says the transfer is barely better than the SD version. I won't pay money for those.

I have the Xbox 360 for HD-DVD and the PS3 for Blu-Ray in my home theater. I'm sitting ten feet away from a 62" 1080P DLP TV. Picture quality (to my eyes) is just fantastic on both formats. Life is good.

I hate the format war however and wish it would stop. I say create dual-format players and let Blu-Ray and HD-DVD fight it out forever. We win in the end when there is heated competition (good prices and features).

3. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

Hello mrmollusk?

Is everything ok there buddy? Are you choking or something? I can send an ambulance if you need one.

4. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

lol - I was trying to figure out what he was saying!!

5. nobrainer

nobrainer Guest

there should be absolutely no difference in quality if they are encoded the same.

for hi-def, there are still too many last gen mpeg2, 5.1 sound, encodes out there which is lame, you may as well stick with the DVD upscaled at less than half the cost of the Hi-Def (lmfao) equivalent!