1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]i was given an xbox with error 16 any help would be apreciated[/bold]

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by tjuan421, Jan 15, 2006.

1. tjuan421

tjuan421 Member

i was given an xbox nevr been opened with error 16 probably been softmoded but im no 100% sure. regardless i dont how or with what exlpoit. i have xboxhdm and slayers 2.6 gathered from the usual places i tried slayers disk {would not read it}just got error 16 again when i first got the box it was error 21 but after inserting a dvd it went to 16 and stayed there i tried the tutorial on recovering a hdd without eeprom backup. i put slayers c files into linux"s c folder and burned the iso with disk juggler the hd maker came up fine chose option 1 then option 1 again to build a hard drive from scratch it created all the partitions but when it got to the part about c and e it reported an error could not find system files then asked for a disk with them. i tried that to but got the same message. i powered down hooked the box back up and again error 16. so i have no back ups of any iether c or eeprom. any help would be awsome. thanx

2. sjm96

sjm96 Member

But you did unlock the drive, right?

3. tjuan421

tjuan421 Member

yes i unlocked the drive before hot
    swaping

4. sjm96

sjm96 Member

First, give me a link to the tutorial on recovering a HDD without the eeprom backup. Now, try setting the xbox HDD as the primary master in your PC. Don't hotswap, just take out all HDD's except that and set it as primary master. See if you can boot from the CD and access the HDD without having to hotswap... Unless you need to hotswap to let the Xbox unlock the HDD?