1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold] my dvd drive wont work! [/bold]

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by deeburke, Jul 18, 2005.

1. deeburke

deeburke Guest

new here and i need help with my dvd drive. i wont play any dvds or cds and when i go into my computer, it doesn't appear. however when i go into my device manager there is "!" next to my dvd player and also my cd re writer. i've tried uninstalling them both and re-installing them but this doesnt help. when i enter the properties in the device driver it says "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)" i dont know how to fix this and any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.

My dvd player is a samsung dvd-rom sd-616
    My cd writer is an NEC NR-7800A

2. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

Regarding the title of the thread. I don't think you can make it bold. I believe you can only make text like [bold]this[/bold] bold. LOL

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

4. theonejrs

theonejrs Senior member

Hi There,
    Go to the device manager and uninstall both drives. Reboot windows and let windows install both drives. Once this is done, see if they show up in my computer. If they don't, go back to the device manager and see if they are there with no red or yellow marks next to them. Also if both drives are on the same cable, make sure that one is set as master and the other is set as slave. Also when you boot up go into the system and make sure that the drives are turned on (usually the auto setting works fine) If that doesn't work try another IDE cable. Preferably an 80 pin!

Sincerely,
    Russ

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

theonejrs, if you had read my post link it refers to that error 39 & the solution in fixing it