1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Need advice for xbox v1.6[bold]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by amgodogma, Mar 25, 2005.

1. amgodogma

amgodogma Member

Hey everyone, just been searching the web for a solderless modchip for the xbox version 1.6 and the two i've been able to find are:

1. SPIDER v1.2 SOLDERLESS XBOX MOD CHIP
    2. XENIUM SPICE SOLDERLESS

Anyone have any advice as to which one is a better option or if there are any other better solderless chips for the xbox 1.6?

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Xenium is much better than Spider. Don't compare the two. They are in different league. Comparing them is an insult to Xenium.

3. amgodogma

amgodogma Member

Cool, thanks for the advice. Is the Xenium SPICE solderless supposed to be good for the xbox 1.6?

4. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Just got mine installed.Flash the bios with EvolutionxM8_16LBA(if you will use a hard drive larger than 130 gigs)and Evox dash.It's awesome even the Xenium menu that came with the chip,everything you need is there already.

5. amgodogma

amgodogma Member

Wicked glad to hear its a good product! I'll be ordering my xenium shortly! By the way where do i get the bios for the chip? If i use a hard drive smaller than 130 gigs do i not need to flash the chip?

6. amgodogma

amgodogma Member

Also does anyone know if there is any problem installing the Xenium S.P.Ice in a european machine? I don't know if this is a stupid question(sorry) just wondering if the power difference between america and europe makes a difference with the solderless mod chips?

7. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

No, i does not make any difference.

8. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

Try eurasia.nu

9. amgodogma

amgodogma Member

Hey Datalife, I checked out that webiste 'eurasia.nu' but it doesn't seem to have the S.P.Ice mod chip?

Thanks everyone for your advice :)

10. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

I thought u were looking for the bios.I got mine from Modchipstore.I already ordered twice from them(one for my PS2) and they are very reliable.Maybe u can find a better deal somewhere else.

11. aykfc

aykfc Member

I just bought the xenium yesterday from this site. I looked around for comments and they are a very good site. Most sites have complaints and such but i couldnt find any.
    http://www.xbox-modchips.com/xenium-spice.htm
    Btw, this is the cheapest I found, the most expensive was 80. I should get mine tuesday hopefully.

12. tyche7

tyche7 Member

I have installed both a xenium and a spider and I agree that they are not in the same league. Basically, to summarize, the Spider has a piss-poor design and the only positive thing I can say about it is that it CAN be functional. The Xenium chip is one of the best on the market. So you're comparing one of the best with one of the worst.