1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Nero 6 Ultra Edition (Recode 2 Problem)[/bold]

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by uziclip, Jun 2, 2005.

1. uziclip

uziclip Member

Sorry about the heading. I did not know the tags will show up like that.

After many attempts to convert a folder (within the folder's name is "PAL.DVDR-DTN") containing many files with the following extension names(*-dtn.rar, *-dtn.r00, etc) to a playable DVD, I am still no where to getting it to a playable format. To explain, I first double-clicked on the *.rar file. WinRar opened showing "ms3d4-dtn.img" in the Extract window. Not knowing anything about *.img files I let it extract the file. Without knowing what to do next I searched the Internet and read somewhere that you can change the img extension to "iso" and then use that to make a DVD. After changing the ext. to .iso I opened it with WinRar again. WinRar then showed that it can extract the .iso file to the folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. Feeling like I am on the right track I extracted the folders hoping to merely burn it as Data on a DVD. First problem was it was too big for a 4.7GB DVD. The I came to Nero Recode. It is suppose to squeeze files to fit on a DVD by removing unnecessary extras. When I attempted to open the VIDEO_TS folder with Recode and error appeared "The selected files do not contain a valid DVD identifier. Are you sure these are DVD files?". I then tried another DVD just to see if the problem is the folder. The other DVD worked. I was able to pull from the other DVD.

So, can I use Recode to do this? What can I do to resolve this error or is there another approach? I just want to play my DVD.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  2. timsmith

timsmith Member

try winrar to convert the rar files back to some other format

3. uziclip

uziclip Member

I believe WinRar only extracts whatever is there. Since it was an .img file then that is what it extracted to. Unless you know something I don't. Please explain.