1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Please[/bold] help me fix my XBOX!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by DarkRage, Feb 26, 2004.

1. DarkRage

DarkRage Member

I was just trying to copy some skins to my xbox from a re-writable CD. I used DVD2XBOX to copy the files across (boXplorer can't read the CD) and then was using boXplorer to put the skins into c:skins. After finishing copying them, I pressed the black button to get out of boXplorer and go back to the dashboard... but it didn't.

This is where it gets wierd.
    If I turn it off and then on, it shows the start up screen (orange X with "xbox" written underneath) and sits there for a while (you can hear the CD-ROM drive doing a bit of a dance) and then the screen flickers, goes black and then brings up the start up screen again.

If I put in a game dvd (i have only HALO), it starts the game fine. but it won't bring up EvoX or anything... :(

I don't know what type of chip I've got - it's just one that supposedly you can turn on or off. That is if you just press it, the chip is off. If you press and hold it for a second, the chip is on. If you press and hold it for three seconds, you get into the BIOS boot up or something (the guy explained when I first had it chipped but can't remember now).

Can anybody help or should I just take it somewhere?
    Am I going to lose all my precious games?
    Thanks in advance...

2. s8nsch1ld

s8nsch1ld Regular member

sounds like you have over written something on your dash... to fix this you will need to create a dashboard boot disk.

The site you need for info on doing this is Seamonkeys guides (check the first 3 threads of this forum)

You will then need to get the EvoX / slayers install files... please don't ask anyone for these, if you search back through old posts you WILL find detailed instructions of where to get stuff!!

Good luck

3. DarkRage

DarkRage Member

Cheers!
    I thought I'd need to make a boot disk or something like that!
    Thanks for the suggestion...