1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold] Please [/bold] help phone tools problem

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by cdnfenix, Nov 7, 2004.

1. cdnfenix

cdnfenix Member

I have a v220, and for the life of me i can not get phone tools to work with the phone. I have tried several times to reinstall the drivers, and software.
    the software installs fine, but when i run the program it says phone image not available, and the phone will not initalize. I have downloaded phone tools 1.23 and followed all the directions and ran the update.
    If anyone knows how to fix my problem that would be great.

2. cdnfenix

cdnfenix Member

i narrowed it down to the computer not taking to the phone, it fails the query in the mondem properties.
    i have tried both the usb and p2k drivers with not result.

3. ak56

ak56 Guest

I have faced similar problems so I might be able to help.
    Firstly, you need to know that the software is known to have problems with Windows Xp SP2. So if you have that, then you might have to take certain steps like disabling the firewall and other stuff.
    Now, to address your issue- Even before installing the software, try to connect your phone using the USB cable. It should bring up your found new software wizard and you need to choose advanced options and point to the location where your USB drivers are located.
    This, should go ahead and install your motorola USB modem...if you have alok at it in the device manager.

Next, you disconnect the cable and then install the motorola mobile phone tools software. It should install fine. Then, continuing without connecting the phone, install mobile phone tools update 2.16.
    Next you need to shutdown your computer and then restart just in case.

Then, you need to connect the phone using cable and it should ask you to put in a default profile. You choose anything say in your case v220. the next you shouold see is it should try to initialize and in about 2 minutes you should be able to see your service provider on the image of your phone on the computer.
    If you have followed all these and you still have issues, then there is something definitely wrong with your com port settings and you need to mess around with em....

4. cdnfenix

cdnfenix Member

thanks for you reply, but i had traced it down to an old modem, that wasnt even installed using the com port the phone wanted.
    now all is good.