1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold] Please HELP! [/bold] [i] Downloading and Burning Games [/i]

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Tennis101, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Tennis101

Tennis101 Member

I needs some help with downloading and more specifically burning xbox games so I can play them on my modded xbox. I use bittorrent to download games (usually from piratebay). Afterwards I extract .rar files into .iso using Craxtion 4.

Then I use Nero Express 6.0...
    Heres where I get confused... Do I go to Image Recorder [DVD] or creat a Data CD using my dvd burner as the source? The Image Recorder creates a NERO Image... -this doesnt go on my directly to my dvd, it goes to my desktop where i select to save it....

Also, can I use DVD-RWs?? By the way I have Evo on my modded xbox. Please help, ive been trying to figure this out for a while.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

First off when you extract the file from the RAR archive that is all you have to do. You dont need to send it threw Craxtion cause most downloaded Xbox games are in xISO format already. So extract the first RAR file with WinRAR and it will extract the full xISO by automaticly unzipping the rest of the RAR files. Once the xISO is extracted do the folowing to burn it to disc.

When you start nero start smart there should be an option to "BURN IMAGE FILE" that is the option you want to choose then choose the xISO that you extracted from the RAR files as the source file. then burn the file no faster than 4x

as of using DVD-RW I duno never tried it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I would say try it on an RW and if it works,use that for testing images. No need to waste a doo R over a bad image anymore.
    Also,the burning speed is relative to your machine and burning app. An app like nero uses an 80MB buffer where-as alcohol 120% uses a 128MB buffer. So if you were to use alcohol 120% I would say you could go faster than 4x.
    There are some burning apps that use page files,kinda like a swap file as a buffer,and those ones you can just giv'er.

4. Tennis101

Tennis101 Member

thanks i figured it out, good help

however, on one of the games -Doom3, i get a dirty disc error. anyway to fix that?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why do people want to burn faster then 4x? I mean better to be safe then sorry so why do it.

6. Tennis101

Tennis101 Member

i just do it at 4x, sometimes even less.

do you know how to get rid of the dirty disc error on Doom 3?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As far as I know there isnt anythign special that needs to be done with DOOM 3 maybe it didnt burn wirte. Try redoing it. Somtimes that can happen.