1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[bold]Which capture card/device works best with Pinnacle Studio Plus 9?[/bold]

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by KILOVESJO, Nov 18, 2005.

1. KILOVESJO

KILOVESJO Member

I like to know which capture device works with Pinnacle Studio Plus 9? I do get digital capture from camcorder but not with analog? I'am going crazy with pinnacle softwares. I have a HP Media Center PC (M7248), AMD Athlon 64 x2 processor,1.0 GB MEM, 250 HARD DRIVE.
    I tried the front console of the comp but no ANOLOG CAPTURE IS POSSIBLE. I also tried dazzle (hollywood dv-bridge) and it dosen't work. I wasted more money on pinnacle than anybody and I always have a problem.

Please help
    KILOVESJO

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I would Say your problem isn"t really the Hardware but the Crappy assed Pinnacle Software as it is well Known for Not working well with other Capture devices Pluss it has very few Capture options and Has a Bad problem with Causeing Bad Sync Problems when doing analogue Capture and it"s Mpeg-2 Capture is awefull compared to other Programs and it"s editing Features are only mediocre ,The New Pinnacle Studio 10 has a Lot more Features but it is Buggy as hell....

I would suggest that if you really want to use Studio 9 to edit then use a different Capture program to capture your Analogue Video then Just import the Captured file into Studio 9 because if you wait till you Find a Card that works well with Studio 9 you will be an Old Man because there are Few (none) Analogue Cards that work very well with Studio 9....

Cheers

PS Maybe look into better editing software??

3. itchybum

itchybum Guest

Pinnicle Works great with Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS. I use it all the time, You may not be doing something?
    Maby I just Lucked out? But my Pinnicle works good.

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

UMM...Isn"t that a Sound Card?? Really doesn"t do much good for Captureing Video does it??

5. KILOVESJO

KILOVESJO Member

Well thanks alot guys. I better try to get a software to capture analog clips. Is there one that captures both DV and Analog video?? Will I be able to import it to Studio??

<??kilovesjo??>