1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Booktyping with Nero Burning ROM

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Andrew_H, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Andrew_H

Andrew_H Member

Ok so I read a couple of guides on this forum on how to booktype so the DVD's I burn will play on ANY DVD player, including old ones and game consoles.

I opened Nero Burning ROM, closed the "new compilation" popup and clicked on "Choose Recorder". I clicked on options but there was no "Booktype" option for me. ( I am supposed to change the Booktype option to automatic).

My burner is a Liteon SOHW 1633S. I am pretty sure it is capable of booktyping. Can anyone help me out? Any help is appreciated :) I prefer not to download anything but if I must, I must :p

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi again Andrew_H
    Yes your drive booktypes. Nero will usually automatically most LiteOn's but looks like you are using Nero 6 and there are a few LiteOn models it's doesn't do automatically.

So 2 choices - use the LiteOn booktype utility. Run this when burning - have a disc in the drive - set the booktype then open Nero to burn. link

Or have a disc in the drive then open Nero and go to Tools>CD-DVD Speed. In the toolbar pick extra>bitsetting. Then set the booktype to DVD-Rom.
    Only +R discs can be booktyped.

3. Andrew_H

Andrew_H Member

binkie you are the best! It worked! Thank you so much!!!! :) :) :)

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome Andrew_H