1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boot disk

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Nrth16, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

On the mother board itself there is something in white print that says:
    Js56VXD

also on another small chip there were some letters: ISSI

I looked but I dont see trident, ati

also i downloaded and save winzip to a disk due to the computer not being able to read the linksys driver file so then once i got winzip on the computer i tried to open up the driver file that i saved on the cd disk it just opened a bunch of files and nothing like a setup or anything. I tried to connect the ethernet wire to the computer and tried to do a wizard setup but still nothing. cannot really tell how to open the driver for the ethernet since it is all files in winzip.

2. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I just wanted to see if you got my last reply? I cannot figure out how to load the drivers for the ethernet but then again maybe you have given up on me. thanks agagin. below is the only large bold print that i have located on the mother board, could this be anything?

On the mother board itself there is something in white print that says:
    Js56VXD

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

haven't given up as been busy. the trident is your videocard.

4. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I would assume so, I was messing around with it today. as i turned it on everything came up as it always did but i went into device manager and tried to uninstall and then reinstall the ones that had the exclamation points by them and after a restart it said trident 9440 oci needed to be installed, pci ethernet controller as well als100 media controller.

the pci ethernet controller is the linksys but I am still trying to figure out how to install them as well after copying the driver to a disk. but right now I am trying to fix or find the vnetbios thing as well the als100 media controller.

I just didnt hear back from you so thats why i stated maybe you gave up on me. i am in no hurry with this but just trying to figure this thing out.

I am hopping that the trident 9440 pci is what you need to help me out. also on the mother board in white there are big white bold letters that say J656vxd those where the only thing white i can see on the mother board

thanks again no hurry just trying to figure this thing out

5. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Sorry about the re post! I posted that when I thought that you had given up on me. Sorry I was not aware that you could not post the same thing? you were the only one talking to me so i thought i would try again!

sorry about that

6. ddp

7. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

anyone know the nexy step to sloving:

vnetbios.vxd

pci ethernet controller

als100 media controller

8. ddp

vnetbios.vxd is related to pci ethernet controller problem so load netcard driver & it will fix vnetbios.vxd problem. already posted link for als100 sound driver

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  9. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I installed everything from the links that you gave me then restarted the computer and still the same thing.

I went into device manager and this is what i see still having yellow exclamation points next to it.

I went to the view devices by connection:
    under intel 82371sb pci to isa bridge is has als100 media audio controller 3 times.

under IO read data port for isa plug and play enumerator
    yellow exclamation point USB audio device

then under intel 82437vx pentium processor pci bridge
    yellow exclamation point pci ethernet controller

I downloaded and loaded everything onto the computer then restarted it and tried to plug in the ethernet cord but still nothing. so i went back into device manager and these still all had yellow exclamation points next to them so i right clicked and tried to reinstall them and it could not find them

the vnetbios thing is gone but the als100 and pci ethernet thing still happens when i turn on the computer??? any thoughts or should i just chuck the computer!!!

10. ddp

uninstall/remove the pci ethernet card from device manager. restart windows so windows can find new hardware & will ask for that software. direct it to goto the linksys folder you made & were you extracted the files to from the zip file. will probably ask you do you want to replace existing file with newer 1 & do yes. will also probably ask you to insert win98 cd to get info off that cd. insert it.

11. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

ddp, I spent a lot of time talking to linksys trying to get the drivers intsaller and nothing was working so i thought to myself maybe if i rebot the whole compter again just to see if anything clears up.

I reboted windows 98 again and then when it did its thing and restarted the disk popped out and then it restarted. when it was restarting an error popped up and said it could find a file:

the file "trid_bio.dll" on windows 98 cd, put the cd in and click ok so i did that and it popped up again.

it then said setup cound not find a file on the specified path. if the path appears below make sure it is correct and click ok to try copying again.

then i have the option of ok cancel skip file details browse. i believe the last time reboted i skiped this and i was thinking thats why nothing was working right. any suggestions would be great.

thanks again