1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boot problems with qoob pro

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by diego69, May 4, 2005.

1. diego69

diego69 Guest

I?ve installed qoob pro chip, all is working good. The status led is on, the qoob menu appears (i've flashed bios with 1.20 rel) but i've burned 3 games (Final fantasy cristal - the new resident evil and so on) but no one starts. For some games i've a black screen, others starts but they hang at the introduction. I've burned games onto Memorex 1x-4x Mini DVD-R.
    Do you think it's a laser problem? a chip problem? or a media support problem?
    Please help me to understand this prob.
    Thanks

2. charis_k

charis_k Member

What is the size of your gcm files (isos)?
    A possibility is that the images are wiped or something...
    Other images in same media/burner/speed worked yet?

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

ok listen up are you playing the pal versions of this games on your american tv set or are you playing pal games in europe the u.k or other countries

the reason i asked was if you are playing the pal versions of the game on a us made tv a lot of us tvs don't support pal and you may have to go and purchase a pal converter or a hole new tv

sorry but at least you didn't download any games from france all of there games are in the pal 9 and palx format

4. diego69

diego69 Guest

Size of the image is 1.35 gb and the format is .iso (if it was a gcm i've renamed it to iso.
    It's an image "prepared" by other people.....so i think it's correct! I don't know how to do, if i've to tweak the laser or not...

5. irri

irri Member

tweak the laser down to 180 Ohm.
    then all media will work!

6. diego69

diego69 Guest

Hmm...perhaps that is the solution...but i'd like to know if someone have the qoob installed and problems in reading media, just like me

7. charis_k

charis_k Member

Dude I had qoob pro 1.1 and 1.2 (on Greece=>PAL tv) and my original back ups (gouh; I'm sick),like zelda 4 swords, soul calibur 2 had no problems; although soul calibur 2 crashed once in a later chaper in weapon master as Link...
    and tried my R.E.1 US remake. F**k! Same problem as yours, after the boot, before intro of game, dead screen on a certain screen.
    Perhaps our friend johnodd4 might have a good point, but I thought viper or qoob can bypass/unlock this sh*t without problem. If U diego69 check the converter option, PLEASE let us know or if someone else can verify this incident :)
    I will search it too. CU!

On my first GC, the POT was originaly settled to 205 Ohm so I could read any media (compatible media as stated on "mod that cube faq v4")!

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  8. trdalbee

trdalbee Member

i was wondering....does the qoob pro have a cheat feature like the cobras 1.0 and up? anyone know if they will integrate the cheat function?