1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bootable CD on ps2

Discussion in 'User submitted guides' started by samuelq1, Oct 11, 2005.

1. samuelq1

samuelq1 Member

I'm a newbie programmer and I thought it was really cool how he was able to pull off that program. I was wondering if I wanted to do something similiar, for example, creating the menu screen and having my list of games (or whatever)show up on some kind of list where I can just scroll and choose, how would I do that? Do I need a specal program or can I create all that using XP?

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Nice Guide...

Post in the correct forum next time.

-Mike

3. samuelq1

samuelq1 Member

Sorry. It was a slip of the finger and got posted incomplete. Actually what I want to do has nothing to do with burning ps2/xbox/gamecube or any other game console games. What I want to do is create a list of documents and programs that in turn, will be displayed in some kind of menu. I want this menu to be interactive in the sense that I want to be able to scroll through the list and click or highlight the appropriate document or program and have it start simply by clicking it or hitting the enter key. I named the forum "bootable cd on ps2" because I saw a cd created by snes-station that did exactly what I wanted to be able to do. How is something like that created? If someone could explain to me how such a thing is put together (ex. program(s) used, what language (if any) was used).
    Again...sorry for the misunderstanding.

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well the first thing you will need to do is setup a PS2 environment to work with.After you setup your environment then you can program for the PS2,everything associated with programming for the PS2 can be found off this site and additional help http://www.ps2dev.org .

5. samuelq1

samuelq1 Member

Thanks.