1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootable Game?

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by killer1on, Aug 29, 2011.

1. killer1on

killer1on Member

Before you start yelling at me, know I am very new to Linux land. I'm very familiar with computers in general (especially windows, the most idiotic OS out there), but here's my crazy little question:
    Am I able to use a Linux distro that will boot straight into, with no graphics, a copy of Half Life under wine? If so, how do I go about setting that up? Please excuse the random nature of this question lol. I basically want it to go straight to HL when I choose my Linux partition. If you're gonna tell me to just set up a windows one, those are stupid and have to come up to a desktop before launching anything else. I know everything is possible with the Penguin :)

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

don't think half-life 2 runs with wine.. plus you need to load the x server and the full api to get the layers required to run wine.. pretty sure you are wasting your time.

3. killer1on

killer1on Member

So there's no lightweight distro that will load with no graphics into it? And no, I don't want hl2, just the first one that will run on anything.