1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

booting GC backups

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by blackn0x, Jan 16, 2005.

1. blackn0x

blackn0x Member

Hi

I was wondering if it was possible to boot GC backups with Free Loader or do i need a boot cd at all to load backups on my GameCube?

2. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

You need the viper gc chip to boot the backups. The freeloader doesn't work.

3. blackn0x

blackn0x Member

but I'm sure i've read somewhere that you don't need a chip installed in it to play some backups

4. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Yeah your probably thinking of the action reply thing. I'm not sure how it works...but you still need to buy tons of other stuff with that which is a lot of money, so it's not worth it. I'd go with the viper chip. If you don't know how to solder, you can get it done by someone. I recommend xteammods.com

5. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

what do ya mean...the Action Replay thing?
    Could ya please show me a guide on the Action Replay thing?
    I am interested in that.

6. CLiPsEmX

CLiPsEmX Guest

Sent you a pm Super Ted. Don't really know much on it though....

7. blackn0x

blackn0x Member

ok, thanks for the help CLiPsEmX!

8. frankff

frankff Member

Get a Viper modchip, its your best choice, you don't need a doctorate to use it like with the PSO method :)

I got mine modded here http://www.consolebackups.com/
    and most of my backups work, except for one or two.

9. YM2151

YM2151 Member

Actually the PSO method is very easy to use if you read through a tutorial.

However if you plan on downloading all our games and not ripping them yourself then just get the Viper. Otherwise, if you don't have a BBA yet, you have options. If you do have the BBA, get Viper. If you don't then you may want to get a BBA and a Viper, or a BBA and PSO or Action Replay and SDLOAD materials. The best possible playback experience right now though is unquestionably the viper. Really, I wouldn't recommend the SDLOAD or PSO method to anyone that doesn't already own most of the components needed, or unless they can't solder if they life depended on it. The Viper can work very well. I plan to get one for my Cube soon.

10. jc399

jc399 Member

" I recommend xteammods.com"

I don't recommend them at all. They are ripoff artists. I ordered a premod system for my son and they stole my money. They claimed to have sent it and really didn't. No tracking info or anything. It's been 3 months now and nothing and they don't answer my e-mails. Had I not paid through my credit card company I would have been in big trouble. I hope one of them is reading this because I want to tell them if there is any way to I can have them charged with a crime I will do it.