1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bootlogos

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Praetor, Jul 19, 2003.

1. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Just a little friendly caution to those you who may mess around with bootlogos (for XP, not 2K): the bootlogos made for XP, XP SP1 and XP SP1a are NOT interchangble Especially important to note that again, MS has apparentlyu made drastic changes from SP1 to SP1a (much like XP --> XP SP1).

So in order to avoid "boot issues" (i.e., no booting hehe), make sure you use SP1a bootlogos and not SP1 bootlogos if you are have updated to SP1a). The simple way to avoid this is just to make your own bootlogo!

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

dont use XPBOOT !!! i killed my puter with this sucker bad booting occured i have sp1 not the a version! the a version does not have i think java updates enabled they took it out!

i had a nice reload of puter to sort out! YUK!

i have had success with booting in safe mode so xp cant overwrite it as its a system file, and just drop the sucker in there! and reboot!

Thx..._X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID 2x80 gig [Bios 1012]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 2x512 1024 meg
    ENERMAX PSU 550watts
    [​IMG] [/small]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  3. Praetor

I dont.... i do my own bootlogos... the ONE time i try out a downloaded one... it messes up my system lol

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Cheers Praetor, I have mine changed to KoRn anyway! lol

5. Praetor

Now the trick is.... is it possible to have an animated bootlogo? (i.e., resize the progress bar thing and replace it with a bunch of frames?)