1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bose Stereo CD-R

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Kakin, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Kakin

Kakin Member

Hi guys,need help burning a CD-R for my 1999 car's Bose CD player. Most burne CD-R took 1 to 2 minutes to recognize. Not to mention pressing the next song, took the same time. Is my CD-R's problem or my Nero software? I have tried varies kind of CD-Rs. I never use other software yet. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2. Kakin

Kakin Member

Anyone??? Please.....

3. Platy767

Platy767 Regular member

Can you try your burned CD-Rs on a modern CD or DVD player. If they are recognised quickly and play OK (and change tracks instantaneously when selected) then your CD-Rs are Ok. Working on other players would indicate you have a car player that is having trouble.

The CD-Rs play OK on your PC don't they?

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  4. Kakin

Kakin Member

Thanks for replying.
    The CD-R plays oked on my PC and my pioneer cd player. PC and Pioneer played immediately, but Bose took like 2 minutes for start to play and skip to next songs. It has been a problem for Bose system in Acura TL forum, but I am sure afterdawn.com will able to solve this issue. The Bose system played fine on regular CD purchased from music shop. I tried closed the CD-R after burning, and left it open but still the same. Is there any quality between CDs? I tried TDK, Samsung, and Kh.??..(not home right now) spindles. What is the differences between the retail CD from CD-R? Thanks!

5. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

The differences in quality of CD-Rs of known brand names is much less than it used to be. However, playback problems in certain players, most notably car stereo players, are difficult to resolve. (Kodak never did find out why its excellent CD-Rs could not play in certain 3-beam Panasonic players even after months of investigation. The conclusion was that it involved optical geometry too small to measure.)

The best way to find out what works is to try different brands. They generally use different stampers, and the geometry is chiefly determined by the stamper. Once you find a brand that works, stick with it. (This is tricky because many brands use different factories.)