1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bottleneck Issue

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Scuba3465, May 31, 2013.

1. Scuba3465

Scuba3465 Member

Im looking for a little bit of help finding my bottleneck in my system. I had a GTX460 and just upgraded to a GTX660 superclocked edition. Now im told this card should be able to handle Metro Last Light on very high with Tess off. If i run the game on Very High, i get about 30-38 fps. The odd thing is, lowering the graphics quality doesn't improve the FPS. I changed from Very High to Low and the FPS had no change, or a very very small one. I will try and post my specs below to see if someone can spot the problem. As soon as i find the issue, i plan on upgrading the part via Newegg. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Motherboard - M4A79XTD EVO
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2
    Video Card - EVGA GTX660 Superclocked
    8GB DDR3

I think the problem might be the CPU, but i wanted to make sure. Let me know if you need anymore information. Thanks.

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  2. john179

john179 Active member

Your pc spec is fine no need for an upgrade try a clean re install of the game and make sure your graphic card and DirectX are latest and everything should run fine.