1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bought an Akai PDP4225M BEWARE!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dnola3, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Dnola3

Dnola3 Member

I recently purchased an Akai PDP4225M 42" HDTV plasma tv brand new online. Tv arrived safely and in superb condition. paid $1160 with shipping included. Resaolution is 1024x768, contrast ratio 4000:1. I was very excited to get this TV, had been wanting to buy a plasma for a long time. Well I hooked everything up, and the picture was great. I popped Fight Night Round 3 into my xbox 360 and set the HD output on the 360 to 1080i. I opened the menu on the tv, adjusted the display mode to full screen, tweaked the settings a bit to my preference, and played the most bad ass 2 hours of a video game I've ever played in my life! The picture was insane, It looked REAL. I was happier than a geezer in a whorehouse. Over the next two days I had the tv on for a total of approximately 4 hours at most. I took great care not to leave the tv with any still images that would ultimately lead to burn in. I had just started in on the game Condemned: Criminal Origins when some friends called and I decided to join them at the bar for a few drinks. There was an incident with a waitresses pierced nipple, funny story. So I got back home a little buzzed and turned the tv to play some more Condemned, When I turned on the tv and the 360, there was this funky green fuzz all around the picture, it was like white statis noise like you get on a tv with no cable, only it was tiny and pixelated and bright green. I then begin about a 3 hours process of troubleshooting the tv, I checked and tried EVERYTHING. Hooked up my PS2, hooked up a PC, Hooked up a dvd player, Green noise on everything. Even green noise on the screen when there's nothing hooked up to it! It's definately the tv. So I go online and google 'PDP4225M Green' and I get some results back from some forums where people have posted with the SAME problem. So this is just a warning to anyone, I would never buy an Akai plasma tv again! Good thing is though, I'm not out my money, the nice folks I bought it from are going to refund me, and I'm going to go with an upgrade to a Vizio P50 HDTV 50" plasma instead. Anyone out there own a Vizio P50 HDTV? Let me know what you think about it.

Long story short if you don't feel like reading all that:

DON'T BUY AN AKAI PLASMA.

2. dssking

dssking Member

Just out of curiousity, did you purchase from TigerDirect?
    Reason being is that they'll take back anything as long as they retain you as a customer.....they sell the akai as well as Visio Displays...........